New and larger police teams took to Newham streets today
- Credit: Archant
New and larger Safer Neighbourhood Teams, including one for the Olympic Park, took to the streets today following a restructure of the police.
Officers gathered at Stratford Park earlier today for the official launch of the teams.
The West Newham Policing Team will be made up of five police teams covering West Ham, Forest Gate North, Forest Gate South, Stratford and the Olympic Park.
Additional support will also continued to be provided to Westfield Shopping Centre.
Under the direction of an inspector, supported by a detective Sergeant, the new larger teams will take responsibility for investigating local crime.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Inspector David Brewster said “The Metropolitan Police Service have committed more resources to the front line of policing. For Newham this means bigger and more visible local teams, who will have the freedom and skills to address the issues that matter to our communities.
“We are committed to increasing victim care and satisfaction in the service that the public rightly expect from us. But we can only achieve this with public support and information.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
“The officers deployed to our new teams have been provided additional training and are raring to go. Anyone who feels they have had a free reign to engage in criminality or anti-social behaviour may want to reconsider their chosen career path”.
The teams will operate from Stratford Police Station.
Work is also underway to ensure the East Central and South teams are deployed by the end of September.