Moniba Khan named as Labour candidate for Boleyn ward by-election
- Credit: Archant
The Labour candidate for the Boleyn ward by-election has been announced.
On the Newham Momentum Twitter page, Moniba Khan was named as the candidate who’ll be battling for the seat. It was also announced on the Newham Labour Party Facebook Group.
Vice chair of the Boleyn ward Labour Party, Farid Ahmed, also tweeted his support for the candidate.
Moniba will be joining Frankie-Rose Taylor from the Green Party, Fazlul Karim from the Conservatives, and Lib Dem Arunasalam Pirapaharan in the fight for the seat.
The spot came available when Labour councillor Veronica Oakeshott stepped down in September to be “closer to her family”.
You may also want to watch:
The election takes place on November 1.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19