Moniba Khan named as Labour candidate for Boleyn ward by-election
- Credit: Archant
The Labour candidate for the Boleyn ward by-election has been announced.
On the Newham Momentum Twitter page, Moniba Khan was named as the candidate who’ll be battling for the seat. It was also announced on the Newham Labour Party Facebook Group.
Vice chair of the Boleyn ward Labour Party, Farid Ahmed, also tweeted his support for the candidate.
Moniba will be joining Frankie-Rose Taylor from the Green Party, Fazlul Karim from the Conservatives, and Lib Dem Arunasalam Pirapaharan in the fight for the seat.
The spot came available when Labour councillor Veronica Oakeshott stepped down in September to be “closer to her family”.
You may also want to watch:
The election takes place on November 1.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections