Moniba Khan named as Labour candidate for Boleyn ward by-election
- Credit: Archant
The Labour candidate for the Boleyn ward by-election has been announced.
On the Newham Momentum Twitter page, Moniba Khan was named as the candidate who’ll be battling for the seat. It was also announced on the Newham Labour Party Facebook Group.
Vice chair of the Boleyn ward Labour Party, Farid Ahmed, also tweeted his support for the candidate.
Moniba will be joining Frankie-Rose Taylor from the Green Party, Fazlul Karim from the Conservatives, and Lib Dem Arunasalam Pirapaharan in the fight for the seat.
The spot came available when Labour councillor Veronica Oakeshott stepped down in September to be “closer to her family”.
You may also want to watch:
The election takes place on November 1.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money