Man shot in thigh in Canning Town
A man is in hospital in a serious condition after he was shot in the thigh last night.
The shooting happened in Bernard Cassidy Street, Canning Town, at about 7.10pm.
The 39-year-old victim, was sitting in the passenger seat of a stationary black Ford Focus when a man wearing dark clothing suddenly opened the door and fired a shot into his leg before running off towards Chandler Street.
The victim was driven by his friend to an east London hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.
There was another shooting which occurred just after midnight in Compton Avenue, East Ham. A black man was seen running down the street shooting at a grey Vauxhall Corsa car. No-one was in the car at the time but damage was caused to the offside front and rear windows.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect, who was about 5ft 11in, skinny and wearing a black scarf around his face, ran off towards Hatherley Gardens.
Now Trident officers are appealing for witnesses to either incident or anyone with information to call (020) 8217 7366 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you want to remain anonymous.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show