Man shot in thigh in Canning Town
A man is in hospital in a serious condition after he was shot in the thigh last night.
The shooting happened in Bernard Cassidy Street, Canning Town, at about 7.10pm.
The 39-year-old victim, was sitting in the passenger seat of a stationary black Ford Focus when a man wearing dark clothing suddenly opened the door and fired a shot into his leg before running off towards Chandler Street.
The victim was driven by his friend to an east London hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.
There was another shooting which occurred just after midnight in Compton Avenue, East Ham. A black man was seen running down the street shooting at a grey Vauxhall Corsa car. No-one was in the car at the time but damage was caused to the offside front and rear windows.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect, who was about 5ft 11in, skinny and wearing a black scarf around his face, ran off towards Hatherley Gardens.
Now Trident officers are appealing for witnesses to either incident or anyone with information to call (020) 8217 7366 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you want to remain anonymous.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 9 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings