Man shot in thigh in Canning Town
A man is in hospital in a serious condition after he was shot in the thigh last night.
The shooting happened in Bernard Cassidy Street, Canning Town, at about 7.10pm.
The 39-year-old victim, was sitting in the passenger seat of a stationary black Ford Focus when a man wearing dark clothing suddenly opened the door and fired a shot into his leg before running off towards Chandler Street.
The victim was driven by his friend to an east London hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.
There was another shooting which occurred just after midnight in Compton Avenue, East Ham. A black man was seen running down the street shooting at a grey Vauxhall Corsa car. No-one was in the car at the time but damage was caused to the offside front and rear windows.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect, who was about 5ft 11in, skinny and wearing a black scarf around his face, ran off towards Hatherley Gardens.
Now Trident officers are appealing for witnesses to either incident or anyone with information to call (020) 8217 7366 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you want to remain anonymous.
- 1 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 2 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 3 Who is 'mystery caller' with several anonymous tip offs about stabbing?
- 4 Bow rapper Wiley charged with assault and burglary
- 5 E-scooter rider filmed travelling on A13
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 7 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Author examines 'dreadful' school in Forest Gate where 26 boys died in fire