Labour mayoral candidate hustings to be held in Stratford
- Credit: Vickie Flores
The candidates to represent Labour in next year’s Mayor of London elections will gather in Stratford for a hustings on Sunday.
Voters will be able to grill the six prospective mayors on the issues that matter to them at the Old Town Hall between 1.30 and 4.30pm.
The candidates include four current MPs, Diane Abbot, Sadiq Khan, David Lammy and Gareth Thomas, plus former MP Dame Tessa Jowell and journalist Christian Wolmar.
They will each make a case for why they want to lead Labour in London and outline their manifestos.
Voting for the Labour candidate will take place this summer with Labour members and anyone who pays £3 to be a registered supporter by August 12 eligible to vote.
The winner will be announced alongside the party’s new leader and deputy leader in September.
You do not have to be a Labour party member to attend Sunday’s hustings but places are limited and must be confirmed in advance by visiting labourinlondon.org.uk
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'