Labour mayoral candidate hustings to be held in Stratford
- Credit: Vickie Flores
The candidates to represent Labour in next year’s Mayor of London elections will gather in Stratford for a hustings on Sunday.
Voters will be able to grill the six prospective mayors on the issues that matter to them at the Old Town Hall between 1.30 and 4.30pm.
The candidates include four current MPs, Diane Abbot, Sadiq Khan, David Lammy and Gareth Thomas, plus former MP Dame Tessa Jowell and journalist Christian Wolmar.
They will each make a case for why they want to lead Labour in London and outline their manifestos.
Voting for the Labour candidate will take place this summer with Labour members and anyone who pays £3 to be a registered supporter by August 12 eligible to vote.
You may also want to watch:
The winner will be announced alongside the party’s new leader and deputy leader in September.
You do not have to be a Labour party member to attend Sunday’s hustings but places are limited and must be confirmed in advance by visiting labourinlondon.org.uk
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR