Labour mayoral candidate hustings to be held in Stratford
- Credit: Vickie Flores
The candidates to represent Labour in next year’s Mayor of London elections will gather in Stratford for a hustings on Sunday.
Voters will be able to grill the six prospective mayors on the issues that matter to them at the Old Town Hall between 1.30 and 4.30pm.
The candidates include four current MPs, Diane Abbot, Sadiq Khan, David Lammy and Gareth Thomas, plus former MP Dame Tessa Jowell and journalist Christian Wolmar.
They will each make a case for why they want to lead Labour in London and outline their manifestos.
Voting for the Labour candidate will take place this summer with Labour members and anyone who pays £3 to be a registered supporter by August 12 eligible to vote.
You may also want to watch:
The winner will be announced alongside the party’s new leader and deputy leader in September.
You do not have to be a Labour party member to attend Sunday’s hustings but places are limited and must be confirmed in advance by visiting labourinlondon.org.uk
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Family sends 'heartfelt thanks' after missing East Ham girl found
- 3 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
- 4 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 5 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 6 Men remain in hospital after triple shooting
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 'A key moment': Plans to expand ExCeL by 21,000sqm approved
- 9 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
- 10 How 'differently-abled' youth worker overcame rare childhood cancer