Newham Green Party announces Boleyn by-election candidate
- Credit: Archant
The Green Party has announced who will be battling for votes in the Boleyn ward by-election.
Frankie-Rose Taylor will have a second shot at taking the area in next month’s ballot which was triggered after Labour councillor Veronica Oakeshott announced she was stepping down to be “closer to her family”.
Ms Taylor said: “As a young, working class woman, born and bred in Boleyn ward, I am really excited to once again be standing for election here.
“I am passionate about speaking up for my community.”
The Newham Green Party convenor and co-chairman of London Young Greens was pipped at the post by Cllr Oakeshott in a by-election in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
A performance artist and press officer for a feminist circus by day, Ms Taylor said her priorities if elected would be demanding better social housing, fighting gentrification and making sure rising prices don’t push her neighbours out of Newham.
The election takes place on November 1.
- 1 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 2 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 3 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 4 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 5 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 6 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Deputy chairperson of Newham Council suspended by Labour Party
- 9 Stephen Timms calls for Covid-19 vaccine centre in East Ham
- 10 30 councillors urge mayor to halt controversial Newham parking scheme