Newham Green Party announces Boleyn by-election candidate
- Credit: Archant
The Green Party has announced who will be battling for votes in the Boleyn ward by-election.
Frankie-Rose Taylor will have a second shot at taking the area in next month’s ballot which was triggered after Labour councillor Veronica Oakeshott announced she was stepping down to be “closer to her family”.
Ms Taylor said: “As a young, working class woman, born and bred in Boleyn ward, I am really excited to once again be standing for election here.
“I am passionate about speaking up for my community.”
The Newham Green Party convenor and co-chairman of London Young Greens was pipped at the post by Cllr Oakeshott in a by-election in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
A performance artist and press officer for a feminist circus by day, Ms Taylor said her priorities if elected would be demanding better social housing, fighting gentrification and making sure rising prices don’t push her neighbours out of Newham.
The election takes place on November 1.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work