Newham Green Party announces Boleyn by-election candidate
- Credit: Archant
The Green Party has announced who will be battling for votes in the Boleyn ward by-election.
Frankie-Rose Taylor will have a second shot at taking the area in next month’s ballot which was triggered after Labour councillor Veronica Oakeshott announced she was stepping down to be “closer to her family”.
Ms Taylor said: “As a young, working class woman, born and bred in Boleyn ward, I am really excited to once again be standing for election here.
“I am passionate about speaking up for my community.”
The Newham Green Party convenor and co-chairman of London Young Greens was pipped at the post by Cllr Oakeshott in a by-election in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
A performance artist and press officer for a feminist circus by day, Ms Taylor said her priorities if elected would be demanding better social housing, fighting gentrification and making sure rising prices don’t push her neighbours out of Newham.
The election takes place on November 1.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation