Galloway to speak in East Ham this month
George Galloway is due to speak at a public meeting being held by Newham People’s Alliance in East Ham this month.
The former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, who is now the MP for Bradford, relaunched his Respect Party in Newham in December.
But it is understood organisers have found a new venue after the original venue booked for next Wednesday, was cancelled.
An events organiser for the Respect Party said Lee Jasper, a former adviser to previous London Mayor Ken Livingstone, Yvonne Ridley, a war correspondent who converted to Islam after being captured by the Taliban, and Islamic academic Mufti Shah Sadruddin may also be speaking at the event.
The pair also spoke at Respect’s relaunch where George Galloway criticised Newham Council’s decision to reject plans for a new mosque at the Riverine Centre, in West Ham.
You may also want to watch:
The event, dubbed “Newham Spring”, will take place at 7pm, on Wednesday February 13, Empire, 593 Barking Road, East Ham, E6 2LW.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 4 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home