Galloway to speak in East Ham this month
George Galloway is due to speak at a public meeting being held by Newham People’s Alliance in East Ham this month.
The former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, who is now the MP for Bradford, relaunched his Respect Party in Newham in December.
But it is understood organisers have found a new venue after the original venue booked for next Wednesday, was cancelled.
An events organiser for the Respect Party said Lee Jasper, a former adviser to previous London Mayor Ken Livingstone, Yvonne Ridley, a war correspondent who converted to Islam after being captured by the Taliban, and Islamic academic Mufti Shah Sadruddin may also be speaking at the event.
The pair also spoke at Respect’s relaunch where George Galloway criticised Newham Council’s decision to reject plans for a new mosque at the Riverine Centre, in West Ham.
You may also want to watch:
The event, dubbed “Newham Spring”, will take place at 7pm, on Wednesday February 13, Empire, 593 Barking Road, East Ham, E6 2LW.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation