Galloway to speak in East Ham this month
George Galloway is due to speak at a public meeting being held by Newham People’s Alliance in East Ham this month.
The former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, who is now the MP for Bradford, relaunched his Respect Party in Newham in December.
But it is understood organisers have found a new venue after the original venue booked for next Wednesday, was cancelled.
An events organiser for the Respect Party said Lee Jasper, a former adviser to previous London Mayor Ken Livingstone, Yvonne Ridley, a war correspondent who converted to Islam after being captured by the Taliban, and Islamic academic Mufti Shah Sadruddin may also be speaking at the event.
The pair also spoke at Respect’s relaunch where George Galloway criticised Newham Council’s decision to reject plans for a new mosque at the Riverine Centre, in West Ham.
You may also want to watch:
The event, dubbed “Newham Spring”, will take place at 7pm, on Wednesday February 13, Empire, 593 Barking Road, East Ham, E6 2LW.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k