Forest Gate councillor resigns to become Sadiq Khan advisor
- Credit: Archant
A councillor has resigned to become an advisor to the newly-elected Mayor of London.
Ellie Robinson, who has represented Forest Gate North since 2010, will stand down from Newham Council with immediate effect, it was announced through her ward blog this morning.
She will now become a senior advisor for Sadiq Khan, having worked for the Labour politician’s campaign team since September.
“It has been a very hard decision, and I feel very emotional about it,” she wrote. “It has been an absolute honour representing Forest Gate.
“I have really enjoyed being a councillor for the last six years, in the area where I grew up and still live.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s over 100 surgeries, thousands of pieces of case work, and too much leafleting and door knocking to calculate.”
Among her achievements, she listed the creation of Newham’s one stop service for domestic violence victims and playing a part in the borough’s first play street as her proudest.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley