Forest Gate councillor resigns to become Sadiq Khan advisor
- Credit: Archant
A councillor has resigned to become an advisor to the newly-elected Mayor of London.
Ellie Robinson, who has represented Forest Gate North since 2010, will stand down from Newham Council with immediate effect, it was announced through her ward blog this morning.
She will now become a senior advisor for Sadiq Khan, having worked for the Labour politician’s campaign team since September.
“It has been a very hard decision, and I feel very emotional about it,” she wrote. “It has been an absolute honour representing Forest Gate.
“I have really enjoyed being a councillor for the last six years, in the area where I grew up and still live.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s over 100 surgeries, thousands of pieces of case work, and too much leafleting and door knocking to calculate.”
Among her achievements, she listed the creation of Newham’s one stop service for domestic violence victims and playing a part in the borough’s first play street as her proudest.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year