Forest Gate councillor resigns to become Sadiq Khan advisor
- Credit: Archant
A councillor has resigned to become an advisor to the newly-elected Mayor of London.
Ellie Robinson, who has represented Forest Gate North since 2010, will stand down from Newham Council with immediate effect, it was announced through her ward blog this morning.
She will now become a senior advisor for Sadiq Khan, having worked for the Labour politician’s campaign team since September.
“It has been a very hard decision, and I feel very emotional about it,” she wrote. “It has been an absolute honour representing Forest Gate.
“I have really enjoyed being a councillor for the last six years, in the area where I grew up and still live.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s over 100 surgeries, thousands of pieces of case work, and too much leafleting and door knocking to calculate.”
Among her achievements, she listed the creation of Newham’s one stop service for domestic violence victims and playing a part in the borough’s first play street as her proudest.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss