Eight experts join design panel for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
Eight more experts are joining a panel that helps shape the future design of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the surrounding area.
The Quality Review Panel has 20 members and tests the fundamental design principles of planning proposals.
They support the work of the Planning Decisions Team at the London Legacy Development Corporation, overseeing the Park.
The panel has provided comments on major schemes such as Chobham Manor, iCITY and Canal Park.
In the future the panel will play a role in the development of the East Wick and Sweetwater neighbourhoods, which will include 1,600 homes by 2023, along with commercial space, parklands and community facilities.
You may also want to watch:
The new panel members are architects Ann Sawyer, Lynne Sullivan, and Mark Brearley; inclusive design expert David Bonnett; sustainability expert Dan Epstein; founding Partner at Making Projects Happen Martin Stockley; consultancy company founder Peter Stewart; and landscape architect Tom Lonsdale.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 6 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations