Eight experts join design panel for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
Eight more experts are joining a panel that helps shape the future design of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the surrounding area.
The Quality Review Panel has 20 members and tests the fundamental design principles of planning proposals.
They support the work of the Planning Decisions Team at the London Legacy Development Corporation, overseeing the Park.
The panel has provided comments on major schemes such as Chobham Manor, iCITY and Canal Park.
In the future the panel will play a role in the development of the East Wick and Sweetwater neighbourhoods, which will include 1,600 homes by 2023, along with commercial space, parklands and community facilities.
You may also want to watch:
The new panel members are architects Ann Sawyer, Lynne Sullivan, and Mark Brearley; inclusive design expert David Bonnett; sustainability expert Dan Epstein; founding Partner at Making Projects Happen Martin Stockley; consultancy company founder Peter Stewart; and landscape architect Tom Lonsdale.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings