Eight experts join design panel for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
Eight more experts are joining a panel that helps shape the future design of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the surrounding area.
The Quality Review Panel has 20 members and tests the fundamental design principles of planning proposals.
They support the work of the Planning Decisions Team at the London Legacy Development Corporation, overseeing the Park.
The panel has provided comments on major schemes such as Chobham Manor, iCITY and Canal Park.
In the future the panel will play a role in the development of the East Wick and Sweetwater neighbourhoods, which will include 1,600 homes by 2023, along with commercial space, parklands and community facilities.
You may also want to watch:
The new panel members are architects Ann Sawyer, Lynne Sullivan, and Mark Brearley; inclusive design expert David Bonnett; sustainability expert Dan Epstein; founding Partner at Making Projects Happen Martin Stockley; consultancy company founder Peter Stewart; and landscape architect Tom Lonsdale.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss