Eight experts join design panel for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
Eight more experts are joining a panel that helps shape the future design of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the surrounding area.
The Quality Review Panel has 20 members and tests the fundamental design principles of planning proposals.
They support the work of the Planning Decisions Team at the London Legacy Development Corporation, overseeing the Park.
The panel has provided comments on major schemes such as Chobham Manor, iCITY and Canal Park.
In the future the panel will play a role in the development of the East Wick and Sweetwater neighbourhoods, which will include 1,600 homes by 2023, along with commercial space, parklands and community facilities.
The new panel members are architects Ann Sawyer, Lynne Sullivan, and Mark Brearley; inclusive design expert David Bonnett; sustainability expert Dan Epstein; founding Partner at Making Projects Happen Martin Stockley; consultancy company founder Peter Stewart; and landscape architect Tom Lonsdale.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 8 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London