Boleyn by-election: Just days left for aspiring councillors to get involved
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring councillors have until Friday to submit their nomination papers for the Boleyn ward by-election.
The vote, which will take place on Thursday, November 1, was triggered after Cllr Veronica Oakeshott handed in her resignation last month.
She had represented the ward for three years and will be moving to Oxfordshire “for family reasons”
Anyone who wishes to stand as a potential replacement, whether as an independent candidate or on behalf of a political group, must deliver their nomination papers to East Ham Town Hall by 4pm on Friday.
The Conservatives have already announced Fazlul Karim as their candidate, but other parties have not yet revealed their nominees.
You may also want to watch:
The full list of candidates is set to be announced on Monday.
Once the new Boleyn ward representative is elected, it will bring the number of councillors in Newham back up to 60.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 9 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman