Council offer 2,000 free Hard Rock Calling tickets to Newham residents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Residents can get their hands on free tickets to see Bruce Springsteen and Kasabian in Stratford next weekend.
Newham Council has teamed up with Live Nation to give away 2,000 tickets - exclusively to people who live in Newham - to Hard Rock Calling, the first live-music event since the Olympic Games in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
On Saturday June 29, indie band Kasabian is headlining supported by Paul Weller, Miles Kane, The Cribs, Klaxons, and many more alternative rockers.
On Sunday June 30, The Boss himself Bruce Springsteen will perform alongside the E Street Band, with The Black Crowes and Alabama Shakes supporting.
To enter, visit www.newham.gov.uk/mayorsfreegiveaway.
Residents can apply for both nights and 1,000 tickets are available for each night.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales said: “I made a promise that residents will benefit from every aspect of the Olympic legacy.
- 1 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 5 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 8 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 9 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 10 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
“That means new jobs, new homes, new facilities and now free tickets. I am delighted to be able to offer these tickets and deliver on our commitment to provide a lasting legacy that will bring benefits for the whole community.”