Council offer 2,000 free Hard Rock Calling tickets to Newham residents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Residents can get their hands on free tickets to see Bruce Springsteen and Kasabian in Stratford next weekend.
Newham Council has teamed up with Live Nation to give away 2,000 tickets - exclusively to people who live in Newham - to Hard Rock Calling, the first live-music event since the Olympic Games in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
On Saturday June 29, indie band Kasabian is headlining supported by Paul Weller, Miles Kane, The Cribs, Klaxons, and many more alternative rockers.
On Sunday June 30, The Boss himself Bruce Springsteen will perform alongside the E Street Band, with The Black Crowes and Alabama Shakes supporting.
To enter, visit www.newham.gov.uk/mayorsfreegiveaway.
Residents can apply for both nights and 1,000 tickets are available for each night.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales said: “I made a promise that residents will benefit from every aspect of the Olympic legacy.
- 1 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 2 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 3 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 4 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 5 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 8 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 9 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 10 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
“That means new jobs, new homes, new facilities and now free tickets. I am delighted to be able to offer these tickets and deliver on our commitment to provide a lasting legacy that will bring benefits for the whole community.”