Council offer 2,000 free Hard Rock Calling tickets to Newham residents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Residents can get their hands on free tickets to see Bruce Springsteen and Kasabian in Stratford next weekend.
Newham Council has teamed up with Live Nation to give away 2,000 tickets - exclusively to people who live in Newham - to Hard Rock Calling, the first live-music event since the Olympic Games in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
On Saturday June 29, indie band Kasabian is headlining supported by Paul Weller, Miles Kane, The Cribs, Klaxons, and many more alternative rockers.
On Sunday June 30, The Boss himself Bruce Springsteen will perform alongside the E Street Band, with The Black Crowes and Alabama Shakes supporting.
To enter, visit www.newham.gov.uk/mayorsfreegiveaway.
You may also want to watch:
Residents can apply for both nights and 1,000 tickets are available for each night.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales said: “I made a promise that residents will benefit from every aspect of the Olympic legacy.
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 6 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
- 7 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 10 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
“That means new jobs, new homes, new facilities and now free tickets. I am delighted to be able to offer these tickets and deliver on our commitment to provide a lasting legacy that will bring benefits for the whole community.”