Council offer 2,000 free Hard Rock Calling tickets to Newham residents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Residents can get their hands on free tickets to see Bruce Springsteen and Kasabian in Stratford next weekend.
Newham Council has teamed up with Live Nation to give away 2,000 tickets - exclusively to people who live in Newham - to Hard Rock Calling, the first live-music event since the Olympic Games in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
On Saturday June 29, indie band Kasabian is headlining supported by Paul Weller, Miles Kane, The Cribs, Klaxons, and many more alternative rockers.
On Sunday June 30, The Boss himself Bruce Springsteen will perform alongside the E Street Band, with The Black Crowes and Alabama Shakes supporting.
To enter, visit www.newham.gov.uk/mayorsfreegiveaway.
You may also want to watch:
Residents can apply for both nights and 1,000 tickets are available for each night.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales said: “I made a promise that residents will benefit from every aspect of the Olympic legacy.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
“That means new jobs, new homes, new facilities and now free tickets. I am delighted to be able to offer these tickets and deliver on our commitment to provide a lasting legacy that will bring benefits for the whole community.”