CBBC characters ZingZillas at Mayor’s Newham Show today in Central Park, East Ham
- Credit: Archant
Families can continue to bask in the sun at The Mayor’s Newham Show today with a second day of free entertainment, a fun fair and beach at Central Park.
Characters from the popular CBBC children’s show ZingZillas are the headline act at the main stage today.
They will be holding their own big Zing at 12.25pm and performing hits such as Bubble, Trouble Bhangra, and Do You Didgeridoo.
A variety of local acts will take to the stage afterwards and the talent finals for Time to Shine is at 2pm.
Newham Mayor Robin Wales said: “Time to Shine shows Newham’s got talent. The qualifying rounds have been tight and I can’t wait to see the finals.”
You may also want to watch:
At Newham by the Seaside a beach has been put down complete with deck chairs, donkey rides and a helter skelter.
The event at the park along High Street South in East Ham also features a children’s area with everything from a bouncy castle to face painters and story tellers.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
But there are also plenty of activities for older residents with a Cabaret Tent with live entertainment and a Hobbies and Craft Tent with workshops.
The Sports Zone will have advice on how to get active and stay healthy, and the Health Zone is offering a free health MOT.
Visitors can bring their own picnic to the park or have a meal from one of the many food stalls serving cuisine from around the world.
The event runs from 12noon to 6pm today.