CBBC characters ZingZillas at Mayor’s Newham Show today in Central Park, East Ham
- Credit: Archant
Families can continue to bask in the sun at The Mayor’s Newham Show today with a second day of free entertainment, a fun fair and beach at Central Park.
Characters from the popular CBBC children’s show ZingZillas are the headline act at the main stage today.
They will be holding their own big Zing at 12.25pm and performing hits such as Bubble, Trouble Bhangra, and Do You Didgeridoo.
A variety of local acts will take to the stage afterwards and the talent finals for Time to Shine is at 2pm.
Newham Mayor Robin Wales said: “Time to Shine shows Newham’s got talent. The qualifying rounds have been tight and I can’t wait to see the finals.”
You may also want to watch:
At Newham by the Seaside a beach has been put down complete with deck chairs, donkey rides and a helter skelter.
The event at the park along High Street South in East Ham also features a children’s area with everything from a bouncy castle to face painters and story tellers.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
But there are also plenty of activities for older residents with a Cabaret Tent with live entertainment and a Hobbies and Craft Tent with workshops.
The Sports Zone will have advice on how to get active and stay healthy, and the Health Zone is offering a free health MOT.
Visitors can bring their own picnic to the park or have a meal from one of the many food stalls serving cuisine from around the world.
The event runs from 12noon to 6pm today.