LLDC chief exec David Goldstone is excited about Olympicopolis plans
- Credit: Archant
We have always said that we want local people to be at the heart of our plans for the Park. One of our most exciting projects is known as ‘Olympicopolis’, which will bring some of the world’s leading education and cultural organisations to Newham, adding to the fantastic arts and cultural groups already long established in east London.
We are holding a series of exhibitions and workshops to help us with the next stage of design work, and we would love to hear your thoughts. Join us on February 27 at the London Aquatics Centre to see the plans and to talk to representatives from the different institutions.
You will be able to talk to representatives from UAL’s London College of Fashion about their plans to build on the College’s East End heritage, creating an East London fashion cluster through education, research, enterprise and its Better Lives programme. Staff from Sadler’s Wells will share their plans for a new venue, including a 600-seat theatre, a Choreographic School and a Hip Hop Academy. The Victoria and Albert Museum will be on hand to explain the vision behind V&A East, a museum that will showcase its world-class collections of design, art, architecture and performance in new ways, explore the future of design and encourage public participation in every aspect of museum activity. UCL will create UCL East in the South of the Park, a new model of how a university campus can be embedded in the local community and with businesses, as well as providing world-leading research, education, entrepreneurship and innovation.
This hugely ambitious project will be fantastic for Newham and the wider area, creating 3,000 jobs, attracting 1.5 million visitors a year and generating around £3bn of economic value for the local and national economy.
Please come along to the meetings and make your views known.
As always, visit our website for more information- queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk/the-park/attractions/olympicopolis
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network