Live entertainment, makeovers and Zumba to celebrate women at Westfield Stratford tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Live entertainment, makeovers and Zumba sessions are among activities being put on at Westfield Stratford City tomorrow in celebration of women.
The event is to mark International Women’s Day earlier this month and will take place on an arena adjacent to the John Lewis store.
There will be a chance to have makeovers on a first come, first served is basis, and to take part in live shows, competitions and prize draws.
The event is being put on by the DKW and Chrissy B shows on Sky’s My Channel.
Nanda Bezerra, of the DKW show, said: “It’s all about well-being. We believe women are happiest when they are enjoying their femininity as well as equal rights and opportunities, and are treated with respect. DKW stands for Different Kind of Woman, and it’s about getting the right balance between modern and traditional values.”
You may also want to watch:
The events starts when the Westfield centre opens at 9am and continues until closing time at 9pm.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley