Little Mix delight fans with Forest Gate visit
- Credit: Archant
Chart-topping girl band Little Mix delighted fans with a surprise visit to Forest Gate.
The popular foursome headed to Number 8, Forest Gate Emporium, in Serbet Road last Tuesday to pose for a magazine photo shoot.
The former X Factor winners also took time to meet fans and take pictures during the short visit.
Co-owner of Number 8, Andrea Jaye, said the girls were in the area for most of the morning and early afternoon.
She said: “They took pictures alongside a red Ferrari that was arranged to be brought down and we allowed them to use the land at the front of the shop.
You may also want to watch:
“They arrived quite early in the morning because they needed to get their hair and make-up done and then they spent about an hour-and-a-half outside as part of the photo shoot.”
It is believed the girl band, which consists of singers Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, and Jade Thirlwall , got glammed up in the Forest Tavern pub in Forest Lane, before heading down to the shoot.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
Andrea added: “It was amazing and really nice that they came down.
“They were really nice girls and they even came into our shop to have a look around.” Andrea explained how the visit remained a secret, saying: “No-one really knew about it and not a lot of people were about at the time.
“But we did have some schoolgirls come down and the girls took a picture with them which was nice.
“It was great having celebrities at the shop and in the area.”