Lithuanian 24-year-old charged with murder after body found in Canning Town
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A 24-year-old man will appear in court today charged with murder after a body was found in Canning Town.
Lithuanian national Saulius Urbanavicius, of no fixed abode, was charged yesterday with the murder of a man found at Bow Creek near East India Dock Road.
He is due to appear before Thames Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, 1 December.
Formal identification of the victim – believed to be a 21-year-old Lithuanian national – has not taken place and enquiries continue to trace next of kin.
A murder investigation was launched after police were called just before 7.30am on Wednesday, November 25, to reports that a body had been found.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination the next day failed to establish a cause of death but found evidence of head injuries.
A 42-year-old man has also been bailed to return on a date in January.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford