Lister School GCSE results continue to improve
- Credit: Archant
GCSE results at Lister School have improved for the fourth consecutive year.
Fifty-six per cent of pupils achieved five A* to C grades including English and Maths, up 1pc on last year.
Among the outstanding individual results were Aashna Jethmalani and Indre Marciulynaite, who both achieved exclusively A and A* grades, including A* with distinctions in further maths.
Aashna picked up 10 A*s and a pair of As, while Indre scooped eight A*s and four As.
Another top-performer was Alexandra Scriitoru who came to the UK from Romania aged 10, and despite the initial language barrier, bagged herself an A* in English, plus five As and three Bs.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said: “We are delighted that we have shown that we are able to sustain our improved results.
“The school is a calm and happy place, and we are confident that our students this year will do even better.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
Last year the Plaistow school was recognised by the Department for Education as one of the 100 most improved schools in the country.