Lister School GCSE results continue to improve
- Credit: Archant
GCSE results at Lister School have improved for the fourth consecutive year.
Fifty-six per cent of pupils achieved five A* to C grades including English and Maths, up 1pc on last year.
Among the outstanding individual results were Aashna Jethmalani and Indre Marciulynaite, who both achieved exclusively A and A* grades, including A* with distinctions in further maths.
Aashna picked up 10 A*s and a pair of As, while Indre scooped eight A*s and four As.
Another top-performer was Alexandra Scriitoru who came to the UK from Romania aged 10, and despite the initial language barrier, bagged herself an A* in English, plus five As and three Bs.
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said: “We are delighted that we have shown that we are able to sustain our improved results.
“The school is a calm and happy place, and we are confident that our students this year will do even better.”
- 1 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 7 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
Last year the Plaistow school was recognised by the Department for Education as one of the 100 most improved schools in the country.