Liam Woodards killing at Westfield: Second man in court accused of murder
Second man accused of Liam Woodards murder
A second person appeared in court yesterday accused of the murder of Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre.
Riaz Anderson, 18, of Essex Close, Walthamstow, was charged with murder and also with violent disorder.
He appeared in custody at Thames Magistrates Court and was remanded for three days.
Another teenager has already appeared in court accused of Mr Woodards murder, on June 29.
The 17-year-old, from Hackney, appeared in custody at the Old Bailey last Wednesday.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 7 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
- 10 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
He had been remanded in custody to appear at the Central Criminal Court by Redbridge Magistrates just two days earlier.
He was remanded in custody again to re-appear at the Old Bailey on October 17 where he will face a plea and directions hearing.
Another 17-year-old, from Plaistow, appeared in custody at Thames Magistrates Court last Wednesday accused of violent disorder at Westfield.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Stratford Youth Court until LiamWednesday July 18.
Eleven men have also been accused of violent disorder over the incident in which Mr Woodards, of Grange Road, Plaistow, lost his life.
Nine were remanded in custody to various dates to three different courts and two were remanded on bail, all until July 30.