Leyton Orient scores with Bartercard sponsorship deal
- Credit: Archant
New sponsorship deal for O’s
Leyton Orient has unveiled an innovative new sponsorship deal with the UK’s largest business-to-business trade exchange, Bartercard.
The deal will include match and ball sponsorship, as well as hospitality packages and full kit sponsorship of Jake Larkins, who transferred to the club from West Ham. The Bartercard logo will also feature on perimeter advertising sites at the club’s Matchroom stadium, as well as two crowd-facing boards in the North Stand and the club’s website.
The deal provides the League One club with Bartercard “Trade Pounds”. These Trade Pounds will be used within the Bartercard Exchange to allow the club to cover the cost of its day-to-day business expenses, from accommodation and marketing to training, bookkeeping and promotional merchandise.
“Leyton Orient is very glad to be associated with a high-profile international brand like Bartercard. The company is increasingly involved in football and their partnership with us will offer us excellent exposure over the course of this season and beyond,” says Leyton Orient Commercial and Business Development Manager Tom Jeffes.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Barker, Bartercard UK CEO, says: “We’re delighted to have agreed a sponsorship with Leyton Orient. Bartercard has signed significant sponsorship deals with sports clubs across the north of England this season, and we’re glad that we can build on our presence in the south with this deal. We’re very much looking forward to supporting the club over the season ahead.”
Bartercard’s unique product is an alternative source of business finance aimed primarily at small and medium sized enterprises, which make a significant contribution to the UK economy but increasingly struggle to secure funding via banks.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
Bartercard transactions earn the seller credit to spend with any other Trade Exchange member, while the buyer owes goods or services of the same value to the exchange. There are currently 35,000 Bartercard members across seven countries.