Leyton Orient goalkeeper Jamie Jones suffers injury blow
Shoulder injury could keep O’s stopper out of opening league matches
Orient keeper Jamie Jones is likely to miss the start of the season with a shoulder injury.
Manager Russell Slade admitted that the goalkeeper, who signed a new deal in the summer, is his biggest injury worry at the moment.
“Jonesy is probably our biggest concern with his shoulder problem,” conceded the Orient boss.
“We are doing a lot of strengthening work on it and we hope we are going down the right path, because failing that you are going to be looking at surgery.”
You may also want to watch:
Defender Terrell Forbes could also miss the opening day of the League One campaign at Walsall on Saturday, August 6.
“He had an operation with regard his digestive system,” explained the Orient boss.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
“He’s on the mend and has had six days training and is looking to be back in and around the first or second game of the season.”
However, Slade hopes that summer signing Jamie Cureton will be fit for the start of the League One campaign.
“Jamie has had an injection in his ankle. He had a clear out in the summer, but it’s not settled down quickly enough. But hopefully he will be back before the season starts,” explained Slade.
Skipper Stephen Dawson and summer signing Leon McSweeney also missed Saturday’s game, but Slade said: “We’re expecting them to play in either one or both of the games this week.”