Leyton Orient face Hull in Capital One Cup
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient have been drawn to face Hull City at home in the Capital One Cup second round.
Russell Slade’s Leyton Orient will welcome Premier League new boys Hull City to Brisbane Road in the secound round of the Capital One Cup after the draw was made today.
The O’s beat fellow League One side Coventry 3-2 on Tuesday night with victory coming courtesy of Kevin Lisbie’s late winner in normal time.
Hull are no strangers to Orient, having played them in the FA Cup third round last year, where O’s forced a replay with the Tigers at Brisbane Road, following a 1-1 draw at the KC Stadium.
David Mooney put the O’s ahead on 78 minutes and were on the verge of an upset, only for Nick Proschwitz to force a replay with his 90th minute goal.
You may also want to watch:
And in the replay at Brisbane Road, the O’s gave it their all and took the game to extra time, where Tom Cairney struck after 117 minutes, with the game having finished 1-1 after normal time.
Proschwitz had put Steve Bruce’s side ahead on the day but Dean Cox levelled with just three minutes to go.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 8 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
The second round ties will take place on the week beginning August 26.