Leyton Orient face Hull in Capital One Cup
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient have been drawn to face Hull City at home in the Capital One Cup second round.
Russell Slade’s Leyton Orient will welcome Premier League new boys Hull City to Brisbane Road in the secound round of the Capital One Cup after the draw was made today.
The O’s beat fellow League One side Coventry 3-2 on Tuesday night with victory coming courtesy of Kevin Lisbie’s late winner in normal time.
Hull are no strangers to Orient, having played them in the FA Cup third round last year, where O’s forced a replay with the Tigers at Brisbane Road, following a 1-1 draw at the KC Stadium.
David Mooney put the O’s ahead on 78 minutes and were on the verge of an upset, only for Nick Proschwitz to force a replay with his 90th minute goal.
You may also want to watch:
And in the replay at Brisbane Road, the O’s gave it their all and took the game to extra time, where Tom Cairney struck after 117 minutes, with the game having finished 1-1 after normal time.
Proschwitz had put Steve Bruce’s side ahead on the day but Dean Cox levelled with just three minutes to go.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
The second round ties will take place on the week beginning August 26.