Leyton Orient face Hull in Capital One Cup
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient have been drawn to face Hull City at home in the Capital One Cup second round.
Russell Slade’s Leyton Orient will welcome Premier League new boys Hull City to Brisbane Road in the secound round of the Capital One Cup after the draw was made today.
The O’s beat fellow League One side Coventry 3-2 on Tuesday night with victory coming courtesy of Kevin Lisbie’s late winner in normal time.
Hull are no strangers to Orient, having played them in the FA Cup third round last year, where O’s forced a replay with the Tigers at Brisbane Road, following a 1-1 draw at the KC Stadium.
David Mooney put the O’s ahead on 78 minutes and were on the verge of an upset, only for Nick Proschwitz to force a replay with his 90th minute goal.
And in the replay at Brisbane Road, the O’s gave it their all and took the game to extra time, where Tom Cairney struck after 117 minutes, with the game having finished 1-1 after normal time.
Proschwitz had put Steve Bruce’s side ahead on the day but Dean Cox levelled with just three minutes to go.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 8 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 9 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 10 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
The second round ties will take place on the week beginning August 26.