Leyton Orient bring in QPR youngster on loan
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Leyton Orient have bolstered their midfielder options with the loan signing of Michael Petrasso from Premier League side Queens Park Rangers on a one-month loan deal.
O’s boss Russell Slade had been exploring a loan signing following the injuries picked up by Dean Cox and Lloyd James in recent weeks, while he will also be without the suspended Romain Vincelot on Saturday against Colchester.
And the Brisbane Road chief has brought in the 19-year-old from Loftus Road in time to feature in the match against the U’s tomorrow.
Petrasso spent spells on loan last season with fellow League One sides Coventry City and Oldham Athletic, and is looking forward to getting started with the O’s.
“I’m very excited to come to the club. Orient did very well last season and caught my eye and I just want to help here in anyway I can,” Petrasso told the Leyton Orient club website.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m a very quick winger so hopefully can bring some pace to the team. I’ve had two loans in League One before which were great for me. This season I want to keep getting games under my belt and keep improving.
“I’m very excited for Saturday and hope that I can make my debut.”
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
The Canadian will wear the number 19 shirt during his loan spell with Orient.