Leyton Orient boss wants contract decision from non-committal keeper
Ryan Allsop’s short-term contract expires this month and he is yet to pen a new deal
Boss Russell Slade has issued an ultimatum to Leyton Orient goalkeeper Ryan Allsop: commit or clear off.
The former Millwall stopper was dropped for Saturday’s 2-1 win at home to Walsall and sat out the 3-0 defeat to Yeovil Town on New Year’s Day, after 20 consecutive league starts.
So the inclusion of Jamie Jones between the posts for his first League One starts since August, following an injury-ravaged spell, was something of a surprise.
However, Slade revealed Allsop – who penned a six-month deal with the club in July – is yet to commit himself to the O’s.
You may also want to watch:
And the manager has urged the 20-year-old to come to a swift conclusion about where his future lies, or risk further exile from the team.
“Ryan has been excellent this season and we’ve offered him a couple of deals, which he has turned down,” said Slade.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
“Then we came up with exactly what he wanted and we’ve still not got a response from him.
“I want commitment and we haven’t got that commitment from him.
“People have got to want to play for Leyton Orient. We’ve come up with what he wanted and he’s not accepted it yet.
“Whether he’s looking elsewhere, you’d have to ask him, but I need commitment from anybody who pulls the red shirt on.”