Levi Roots to open first restaurant in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Musician and Reggae Reggae Sauce creator Levi Roots will open his first restaurant in Stratford this year with Eren Ali, co-founder of Las Iguanas.
Levi Roots’ Caribbean Smokehouse will aim to bring authentic Caribbean cuisine to life in Westfield Stratford City, making it accessible to everyone.
Thrust into the limelight with his success on Dragons Den in 2007, Mr Roots has published cookery books and presented his own BBC food show.
Working closely with one of the men behind the UK’s leading Latin American restaurant chain, he hopes the collaboration will prove to be a winning combination.
“I know Caribbean cuisine and
You may also want to watch:
Eren knows how to create successful dining experiences,” he said.
“It feels like the perfect partnership.”
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
The 57-year-old announced the plans while giving a cooking masterclass to aspiring foodies at East Ham’s Food Academy UK, in Barking Road, last month.
Run in partnership with The Prince’s Trust, he taught them to make chicken and vegetables with tropical coleslaw.
“It was really great for the young people to have someone like Levi Roots here to teach them,” said Academy director Carlos Montes.
“He taught them all a great message – if you have a passion, anything is possible.”
The restaurant team will soon launch a recruitment drive for the Smokehouse.
For more information email Steve Dipiazza at email@example.com