LEGO model at Westfield shows shape of things to come
Visitors to Westfield have seen the shape of things to come in the area with a LEGO model of East Vilalge and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Measuring 3m x 3m, the scaled model, unveiled on yesterday, Tuesday, replicates the iconic Olympic skyline and shows the shape of what’s to come when East Village welcomes residents and the Queen Elizabeth Park opens to the public in Summer 2013.
East Village is the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the Games, welcoming residents from Summer 2013. With 2,818 homes (a mixture of private rental and affordable), it will also be home to Chobham Academy, a state-of-the-art medical centre and over 30 independent cafes, shops and restaurants. It will offer the best of green, sustainable living – spanning over 27 hectares of land including landscaped gardens, park areas and courtyards.
East Village is on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London’s newest destination. Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will offer five iconic sporting venues, up to 25 sports and activities and thousands of events per year from daily exercise classes to music festivals.
Stuart Corbyn from East Village said: “East Village will be London’s most exciting new neighbourhood and it’s great to see it being embodied in such an innovative and creative fashion! It won’t be long until we open for residents in Summer 2013, however this is a great opportunity to take a closer look and play your part in creating this unique neighbourhood.”
Elliot Lipton, Director of Triathlon Homes said: “This LEGO installation outlines clearly the major attractions of E20, from the wide variety of homes available within East Village, to Chobham Academy and the unparalleled sporting and entertainment facilities within Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 9 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 10 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'