Legacy Corporation appoints planning chairman
Philip Lewis has been appointed chairman of the Planning Decisions Committee which will oversee changes for many of the Olympic venues.
The appointment was made by the The London Legacy Development Corporation.
Philip Lewis, a board member of the Legacy Corporation for the past three years, is a chartered surveyor with 40 years experience in the property market. He is currently Chief Executive of the property division of the Kirsh Group, which is part of Natie Kirsh’s international trading business.
The Legacy Corporation became the local planning authority on October 1 for the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and adjoining areas in Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Hackney and Newham. The new Planning Decisions Committee’s powers include determining planning applications and consents for listed buildings and conservation areas.
Mr Lewis, said: “I am delighted to take on the role of Chairman of the Planning Decisions Committee. The Committee will play a crucial role in the development of plans for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the surrounding areas, to create a new part of the city.
You may also want to watch:
“The Committee will help to drive forward regeneration plans for the area, ensuring high quality design and sustainable development to bring lasting benefits to east London.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted