Learn about newest Olympic Park developments at residents’ meetings
- Credit: Archant
Hear about the newest developments soon to open up in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park at three residents’ meetings being held by legacy bosses.
The London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) will host meeetings to tell local people about new facilities about to open up for public use on the Stratford site which was the scene of the London 2012 Games last year.
These include the Copper Box Arena, which is the new home of the London Lions basketball team, the Tumbling Bay playground for children, the Unity Kitchen Cafe which aims to provide employment opportunities for disabled people, and the surrounding parklands.
LLDC representatives will also be talking about upcoming activities in the Park, and the remaining work to do to complete the area before it opens in Spring 2014.
The first meeting will be held in Carpenters Primary School, in Friendship Way, Stratford on Tuesday September 17; the next meeting is on Thursday September 19 at Cre8 Lifestyles Centre, Old Baths, in Eastway, Hackney Wick; and the final meeting, which will include representatives from new neigbourhood Chobham Manor, will be held on Monday September 23 at Chandos East Community Centre in Chandos Road, Stratford.
All meetings start at 6.30pm and end at 8pm.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 5 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 6 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 7 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 8 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 9 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 10 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted