League One: Tranmere Rovers 1 Leyton Orient 2
O’s extend their unbeaten run
LEYTON ORIENT extended their unbeaten run to eight games thanks to first-half strikes from Stephen Dawson and Scott McGleish and an inspired goalkeeping display from Jason Brown.
The O’s dominated throughout the opening period and took the lead on 10 minutes, when the home side failed to clear Charlie Daniels’ free-kick and Dawson pounced to fire his side in front from the edge of the box.
On the stroke of half time Orient got the second.
Paul-Jose M’poku cut in from the left flank and his shot was parried by Gunnar Nielsen straight into the path of McGleish, who kept his cool to round the keeper and slot into the empty net for his seventh goal in six games.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Scott Wootton headed in to give the home side a lifeline, but a string of fine saves from Brown ensured the O’s picked up the points.
The stopper, on loan from Blackburn, saved from Scott Mantom, Enoch Showunmi and Jermaine Grandison, before the crossbar denied Ian Goodison, as the O’s held firm for their second away win of the season.
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 10 Fire damages house in East Ham