League One: Tranmere Rovers 1 Leyton Orient 2
O’s extend their unbeaten run
LEYTON ORIENT extended their unbeaten run to eight games thanks to first-half strikes from Stephen Dawson and Scott McGleish and an inspired goalkeeping display from Jason Brown.
The O’s dominated throughout the opening period and took the lead on 10 minutes, when the home side failed to clear Charlie Daniels’ free-kick and Dawson pounced to fire his side in front from the edge of the box.
On the stroke of half time Orient got the second.
Paul-Jose M’poku cut in from the left flank and his shot was parried by Gunnar Nielsen straight into the path of McGleish, who kept his cool to round the keeper and slot into the empty net for his seventh goal in six games.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Scott Wootton headed in to give the home side a lifeline, but a string of fine saves from Brown ensured the O’s picked up the points.
The stopper, on loan from Blackburn, saved from Scott Mantom, Enoch Showunmi and Jermaine Grandison, before the crossbar denied Ian Goodison, as the O’s held firm for their second away win of the season.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford