League One: Tranmere Rovers 1 Leyton Orient 2
O’s extend their unbeaten run
LEYTON ORIENT extended their unbeaten run to eight games thanks to first-half strikes from Stephen Dawson and Scott McGleish and an inspired goalkeeping display from Jason Brown.
The O’s dominated throughout the opening period and took the lead on 10 minutes, when the home side failed to clear Charlie Daniels’ free-kick and Dawson pounced to fire his side in front from the edge of the box.
On the stroke of half time Orient got the second.
Paul-Jose M’poku cut in from the left flank and his shot was parried by Gunnar Nielsen straight into the path of McGleish, who kept his cool to round the keeper and slot into the empty net for his seventh goal in six games.
In the second half, Scott Wootton headed in to give the home side a lifeline, but a string of fine saves from Brown ensured the O’s picked up the points.
The stopper, on loan from Blackburn, saved from Scott Mantom, Enoch Showunmi and Jermaine Grandison, before the crossbar denied Ian Goodison, as the O’s held firm for their second away win of the season.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 5 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 6 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 7 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Campaigners dress as animals to deliver letters about farm closure