Leaf pile postponed
PLANS to create a huge leaf pile at West Ham Park on Saturday have been postponed because there aren’t enough leaves.
Friends of the park are now hoping to stage the fun autumnal event on Saturday November 6 by which time they hope trees will have shed more.
Staff at the park are hoping the delay won’t deter people from taking part in the annual event which helps to clean up the grounds while providing a fun outdoors activity.
Volunteers are urged to wrap up warm and bring their wellies to the park in Upton Lane, Forest Gate from 1pm to 4pm.
Other activities also planned on the day include a Nature Walk in the Park at 10.30am at the Superintendents Office (opposite the playground) and a craft event by the playground at 12.30pm.
Last year about 60 people turned up to collect leaves around the 77-acre park.
- 1 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 2 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 3 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 4 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 7 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies