Leaf pile postponed
PLANS to create a huge leaf pile at West Ham Park on Saturday have been postponed because there aren’t enough leaves.
Friends of the park are now hoping to stage the fun autumnal event on Saturday November 6 by which time they hope trees will have shed more.
Staff at the park are hoping the delay won’t deter people from taking part in the annual event which helps to clean up the grounds while providing a fun outdoors activity.
Volunteers are urged to wrap up warm and bring their wellies to the park in Upton Lane, Forest Gate from 1pm to 4pm.
Other activities also planned on the day include a Nature Walk in the Park at 10.30am at the Superintendents Office (opposite the playground) and a craft event by the playground at 12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Last year about 60 people turned up to collect leaves around the 77-acre park.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 9 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total