Leaf pile postponed
PLANS to create a huge leaf pile at West Ham Park on Saturday have been postponed because there aren’t enough leaves.
Friends of the park are now hoping to stage the fun autumnal event on Saturday November 6 by which time they hope trees will have shed more.
Staff at the park are hoping the delay won’t deter people from taking part in the annual event which helps to clean up the grounds while providing a fun outdoors activity.
Volunteers are urged to wrap up warm and bring their wellies to the park in Upton Lane, Forest Gate from 1pm to 4pm.
Other activities also planned on the day include a Nature Walk in the Park at 10.30am at the Superintendents Office (opposite the playground) and a craft event by the playground at 12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Last year about 60 people turned up to collect leaves around the 77-acre park.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 8 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque