LATEST ON MURDER: First picture of victim follows arrests
THIS is the first picture of murder victim Sellathurai Easwaran who died at his Manor Park home on Sunday the day after he was attacked on the street.
The photo was released as detectives continue to quiz four men, all arrested yesterday, in connection with the death of the father of four.
Mr Easwaran, 40, was found at his home in St Winefride’s Avenue on Sunday morning. A post mortem showed he died from head injuries.
Police believe he had been attacked outside the Akgul Food Centre in Barking Road, East Ham, close to the junction with High Street North, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Officers driving by on routine patrol spotted him lying on the ground at 3am and took him to Newhamn General Hospital, Plaistow. He left hospital later that morning and went home.
Detectives are studying CCTV footage but now believe that Mr Easwaran had been involved in some sort of argument with up to four males outside the store shortly before he was found. It is not clear if he had been robbed.
The four are thought to be aged in their late teens to early twenties and were wearing either hoods or baseball caps.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 4 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 5 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 6 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 7 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 8 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 9 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 10 Drone images of Newham tower block blaze
Officers want to hear from anyone who saw what happened to the victim outside the food store at 347 Barking Road.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room at (020) 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.