Last chance to get to the midsummer ball for Beckton children’s hospice
There are only a few days left to get tickets for the Richard House Children’s Hospice Midsummer Ball at the Hilton, Canary Wharf on Thursday.
The popular, annual summer ball, hosted by the Hilton in the Community Foundation, raises funds for Richard House.
Last year’s event, attended by 130 revellers, raised £20,000 to help fund services for children and young adults who live with life-threatening, life-limiting and complex health conditions and their families.
Viv Talbot, community fundraising manager for Richard House, said: “Last year’s event was a masked ball that had an incredible atmosphere of fun and laughter. We know this year’s event will be another fabulous evening, showcasing the Richard House values of celebrating life and creating fantastic memories.”
Baris Guven, the father of one of the children who uses Richard House, will speak at the ball to highlight the importance of the hospice to the families and communities it serves, before a fundraising auction and raffle. The services provided at Richard House are free to the families supported and the majority of services are funded by voluntary donations.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £60 per person and include a three course meal as well as dancing, a raffle and an auction. If you’d like tickets to this stylish, black-tie event call Viv Talbot, community fundraising manager on 020 7540 0213.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford