Last chance to apply for Newham secondary school places
- Credit: Gareth Fuller/PA Wire/PA Images
There are just a few days left for parents of Year 6 pupils to apply for a secondary school place.
Applications for children born between September 1, 2008 and August 31, 2009 need to be submitted by the closing date of Thursday, October 31.
Up to six schools can be listed, in order of preference, and places at oversubscribed schools will be allocated following a set list of criteria.
Late applications will not be considered until all on-time applicants have been allocated a place, meaning there is a high chance of not receiving a place at a preferred school if those schools are oversubscribed.
Offers will be sent out to all applicants on March 2, 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, almost two thirds of Newham pupils (65.5pc) were offered a place at their first preference school.
For more information and to apply, visit newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Admissions-secondary-school
- 1 Call for tougher action after Covid-19 rule breakers cause misery in Plaistow
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Maryland block of flats
- 3 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 4 Vaccines for Muslims, driving into London and charity
- 5 Takeover of surgeries by US insurance giant raises alarm among NHS campaigners
- 6 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 7 Nightclub stab victim's mum pleads for justice one year on from murder
- 8 Firefighters tackle Stratford shop fire
- 9 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 10 Women's triumphs feature in online photo exhibition set up by east London snappers