Langton Avenue kitchen fire

A fire broke out in Langton Avenue, E6, this morning

A fire broke out in Langton Avenue, E6, this morning - Credit: sub

An elderly woman has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in her kitchen this morning.

Two appliances from East Ham and Barking attended the terraced house in Langton Avenue, E6.

The woman managed to escape before firefighers arrived at about 7.18am but she has been taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.

Firefighters left the scene at about 8.35am.

Watch manager Garry Norris said: “The fire was contained to the kitchen but there is smoke damage to the rest of the building.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter