Ladies’ group holds ‘Oscars’ awards for inspirational women in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A women’s group will be holding its own Oscars this week with an awards ceremony to mark International Women’s Day.
Women Mentoring Women will host the Inspirational Woman Awards at School 21 in Newmount Street, Stratford, on March 8 from 5pm to 8pm, and will celebrate women who “think positively, love themselves and find beauty in the ‘ugliest’ of days”.
The awards categories include Against the odds, Yes I can, Love your body, Beyond the scars, Changing the future and The extra mile.
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the speakers and hear their stories.
Speakers include Jenny Edwards CBE, chief executive of Mental Health Foundation, Sola Afuape, chair the Afiya Trust,
You may also want to watch:
and Celia Apeagyei-Collins, president of the Rehoboth Foundation.
There will also be entertainment from performing artists Floetic Lara, the West End Gospel Choir, Ssuzane and Mbali.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
Newham residents are also offered entry at the concessionary rate.
Women Mentoring Women is a non-profit women’s network that began as a Ladies Club in the Clays Lane area in Stratford.
For tickets please visit iwa2014.eventbrite.co.uk or for more information visit womenmentoringwomen.me.