Ladies’ group holds ‘Oscars’ awards for inspirational women in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A women’s group will be holding its own Oscars this week with an awards ceremony to mark International Women’s Day.
Women Mentoring Women will host the Inspirational Woman Awards at School 21 in Newmount Street, Stratford, on March 8 from 5pm to 8pm, and will celebrate women who “think positively, love themselves and find beauty in the ‘ugliest’ of days”.
The awards categories include Against the odds, Yes I can, Love your body, Beyond the scars, Changing the future and The extra mile.
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the speakers and hear their stories.
Speakers include Jenny Edwards CBE, chief executive of Mental Health Foundation, Sola Afuape, chair the Afiya Trust,
and Celia Apeagyei-Collins, president of the Rehoboth Foundation.
There will also be entertainment from performing artists Floetic Lara, the West End Gospel Choir, Ssuzane and Mbali.
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 7 Kehrer can 'bring a number of things' to West Ham United
- 8 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 9 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
Newham residents are also offered entry at the concessionary rate.
Women Mentoring Women is a non-profit women’s network that began as a Ladies Club in the Clays Lane area in Stratford.
For tickets please visit iwa2014.eventbrite.co.uk or for more information visit womenmentoringwomen.me.