Jailed: Armed robber who targeted businesses in Forest Gate and Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A “dangerous” man has been jailed for 10 years after pleading guilty to a string of armed robberies.
Ky Ellis targeted a bookmakers and perfume shop in Stratford as well as a pub in Forest Lane, Forest Gate, where he stole cash.
The 42-year-old armed himself with either a firearm or knife, threatening staff before making off with money. No one was injured during his robberies.
Det Cons Stefen Rule said: “Ellis is an extremely dangerous offender who has a long history of criminality and committing armed robberies.
“Thankfully, no one was injured during his spree, but the number of people affected by his actions can only be guessed at.
“Our colleagues in Essex Police worked tirelessly with us to ensure this dangerous man was caught and he will now spend a significant amount of time behind bars.”
Ellis, of no fixed abode, appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Thursday, October 15 where he was sentenced for 13 offences.
- 1 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 2 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 3 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 4 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 5 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 6 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 7 Report: 'Significant improvement' in Newham's parks
- 8 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
He held up a bookmakers and petrol station in Brentwood in December 2018, a commercial premises in Canvey Island in February 2019 besides committing seven shoplifting offences across Essex.