Canning Town builder gets £17m contract for new City Airport terminal
- Credit: City Airport
A Canning Town builder has been awarded a £17million contract for a new terminal at London City Airport.
Kilnbridge has been hired to complete the civil works for the terminal as part of a £500m development programme at the airport.
It is thought to be the largest contract the company has won this year. The new building will be 51,000 square metres and take three years to erect.
Canary Wharf and the Olympic Park are both developments that Kilnbridge has previously worked on.
Peter Adams is chief development officer for London City Airport.
You may also want to watch:
"Our contract with Kilnbridge, which has an incredible track record for employing locally, recruiting apprentices and utilising a local supply chain, is fundamental to ensure this vital stage of work is done sustainably," he said.
As part of its work in the borough, the airport is helping run the annual Royal Docks Meet the Buyer, where local contractors can meet customers face-to-face on July 25.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
More information about the day can be found at www.royaldocksmtb.com.