Canning Town builder gets £17m contract for new City Airport terminal
- Credit: City Airport
A Canning Town builder has been awarded a £17million contract for a new terminal at London City Airport.
Kilnbridge has been hired to complete the civil works for the terminal as part of a £500m development programme at the airport.
It is thought to be the largest contract the company has won this year. The new building will be 51,000 square metres and take three years to erect.
Canary Wharf and the Olympic Park are both developments that Kilnbridge has previously worked on.
Peter Adams is chief development officer for London City Airport.
You may also want to watch:
"Our contract with Kilnbridge, which has an incredible track record for employing locally, recruiting apprentices and utilising a local supply chain, is fundamental to ensure this vital stage of work is done sustainably," he said.
As part of its work in the borough, the airport is helping run the annual Royal Docks Meet the Buyer, where local contractors can meet customers face-to-face on July 25.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
More information about the day can be found at www.royaldocksmtb.com.