Canning Town builder gets £17m contract for new City Airport terminal
- Credit: City Airport
A Canning Town builder has been awarded a £17million contract for a new terminal at London City Airport.
Kilnbridge has been hired to complete the civil works for the terminal as part of a £500m development programme at the airport.
It is thought to be the largest contract the company has won this year. The new building will be 51,000 square metres and take three years to erect.
Canary Wharf and the Olympic Park are both developments that Kilnbridge has previously worked on.
Peter Adams is chief development officer for London City Airport.
You may also want to watch:
"Our contract with Kilnbridge, which has an incredible track record for employing locally, recruiting apprentices and utilising a local supply chain, is fundamental to ensure this vital stage of work is done sustainably," he said.
As part of its work in the borough, the airport is helping run the annual Royal Docks Meet the Buyer, where local contractors can meet customers face-to-face on July 25.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 7 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
More information about the day can be found at www.royaldocksmtb.com.