Canning Town builder gets £17m contract for new City Airport terminal
- Credit: City Airport
A Canning Town builder has been awarded a £17million contract for a new terminal at London City Airport.
Kilnbridge has been hired to complete the civil works for the terminal as part of a £500m development programme at the airport.
It is thought to be the largest contract the company has won this year. The new building will be 51,000 square metres and take three years to erect.
Canary Wharf and the Olympic Park are both developments that Kilnbridge has previously worked on.
Peter Adams is chief development officer for London City Airport.
"Our contract with Kilnbridge, which has an incredible track record for employing locally, recruiting apprentices and utilising a local supply chain, is fundamental to ensure this vital stage of work is done sustainably," he said.
As part of its work in the borough, the airport is helping run the annual Royal Docks Meet the Buyer, where local contractors can meet customers face-to-face on July 25.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 4 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 6 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 9 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 10 Leyton Orient can do something good says Sotiriou after signing new deal
More information about the day can be found at www.royaldocksmtb.com.