Khalid gets the win but Ryan misses out
Fight for Peace BC flyweight Khalid Hakimi was in winning form on the Strood show, when he impressed against Isle of Thanet BC rival Blessed Sithole.
The Woolwich club boxer dominated the action with fast combinations to take the decison after three entertaining rounds.
However, his lightweight clubmate, Ryan Walker, was on the wrong end of a classy majority decison against local boy David Laurence (Strood).
Walker worked well but Laurence’s neater work towards the end probably swayed the decison.
? WEST HAM boxers go on parade at their club tournament on Thursday, December 2, at their usual venue, the East Ham Working Men’s Club, Boleyn Road, East Ham.
You may also want to watch:
Hammers’ talented youngsters are matched on a promising line-up, and tickets will be available on the door on the night, priced �10 adults, �5 children and concessions.
West Ham BC entry Jal Malik moved through the National ABA novices pre-quarter-final on a walkover win at Cheshunt last Sunday.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
Malik went through as the London champion with no opponent from the Home Counties in his Class B 51kg division.