Khalid gets the win but Ryan misses out
Fight for Peace BC flyweight Khalid Hakimi was in winning form on the Strood show, when he impressed against Isle of Thanet BC rival Blessed Sithole.
The Woolwich club boxer dominated the action with fast combinations to take the decison after three entertaining rounds.
However, his lightweight clubmate, Ryan Walker, was on the wrong end of a classy majority decison against local boy David Laurence (Strood).
Walker worked well but Laurence’s neater work towards the end probably swayed the decison.
? WEST HAM boxers go on parade at their club tournament on Thursday, December 2, at their usual venue, the East Ham Working Men’s Club, Boleyn Road, East Ham.
You may also want to watch:
Hammers’ talented youngsters are matched on a promising line-up, and tickets will be available on the door on the night, priced �10 adults, �5 children and concessions.
West Ham BC entry Jal Malik moved through the National ABA novices pre-quarter-final on a walkover win at Cheshunt last Sunday.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
Malik went through as the London champion with no opponent from the Home Counties in his Class B 51kg division.