Khalid gets the win but Ryan misses out
Fight for Peace BC flyweight Khalid Hakimi was in winning form on the Strood show, when he impressed against Isle of Thanet BC rival Blessed Sithole.
The Woolwich club boxer dominated the action with fast combinations to take the decison after three entertaining rounds.
However, his lightweight clubmate, Ryan Walker, was on the wrong end of a classy majority decison against local boy David Laurence (Strood).
Walker worked well but Laurence’s neater work towards the end probably swayed the decison.
? WEST HAM boxers go on parade at their club tournament on Thursday, December 2, at their usual venue, the East Ham Working Men’s Club, Boleyn Road, East Ham.
Hammers’ talented youngsters are matched on a promising line-up, and tickets will be available on the door on the night, priced �10 adults, �5 children and concessions.
West Ham BC entry Jal Malik moved through the National ABA novices pre-quarter-final on a walkover win at Cheshunt last Sunday.
- 1 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 2 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 3 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 4 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 6 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 8 'Immensely gratifying': Newham college celebrates upping Ofsted grade
- 9 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 10 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
Malik went through as the London champion with no opponent from the Home Counties in his Class B 51kg division.