Kasabian to headline Hard Rock Calling music festival at Olympic Park today
- Credit: Archant
Kasabian is set to be the first band to headline the Hard Rock Calling music festival at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park today.
The northern rockers will take to the main stage, the Bandstand, just before 9pm this evening.
During an interview last month the band’s front man Tom Meighan said that being picked as the first musicians to play at the Park was making him feel like “a virgin” again.
Tom, who describes their music as “raw”, told me: “I feel like a virgin again, do you know what I mean darling, it’s untouched, no one has ever played there before.”
Earlier this evening iconic ‘Modfather’ Paul Weller will appear as special guest. The singer-song writer of the punk rock band The Jam will perform at the Bandstand just after 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
A variety of other artists including Miles Kane and Twin Atlantic will perform at the three stages inside the Park from around 1pm today.
Tomorrow Bruce Springsteen will headline the festival, which was relocated from Hyde Park to Stratford after a noise curfew cut the concert short last year.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
Each day will finish after the headline act ends at around 11pm.