Kasabian to headline Hard Rock Calling music festival at Olympic Park today
- Credit: Archant
Kasabian is set to be the first band to headline the Hard Rock Calling music festival at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park today.
The northern rockers will take to the main stage, the Bandstand, just before 9pm this evening.
During an interview last month the band’s front man Tom Meighan said that being picked as the first musicians to play at the Park was making him feel like “a virgin” again.
Tom, who describes their music as “raw”, told me: “I feel like a virgin again, do you know what I mean darling, it’s untouched, no one has ever played there before.”
Earlier this evening iconic ‘Modfather’ Paul Weller will appear as special guest. The singer-song writer of the punk rock band The Jam will perform at the Bandstand just after 7pm.
A variety of other artists including Miles Kane and Twin Atlantic will perform at the three stages inside the Park from around 1pm today.
Tomorrow Bruce Springsteen will headline the festival, which was relocated from Hyde Park to Stratford after a noise curfew cut the concert short last year.
- 1 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 6 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
- 7 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 8 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 9 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 10 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
Each day will finish after the headline act ends at around 11pm.