Kasabian to headline Hard Rock Calling music festival at Olympic Park today
- Credit: Archant
Kasabian is set to be the first band to headline the Hard Rock Calling music festival at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park today.
The northern rockers will take to the main stage, the Bandstand, just before 9pm this evening.
During an interview last month the band’s front man Tom Meighan said that being picked as the first musicians to play at the Park was making him feel like “a virgin” again.
Tom, who describes their music as “raw”, told me: “I feel like a virgin again, do you know what I mean darling, it’s untouched, no one has ever played there before.”
Earlier this evening iconic ‘Modfather’ Paul Weller will appear as special guest. The singer-song writer of the punk rock band The Jam will perform at the Bandstand just after 7pm.
A variety of other artists including Miles Kane and Twin Atlantic will perform at the three stages inside the Park from around 1pm today.
Tomorrow Bruce Springsteen will headline the festival, which was relocated from Hyde Park to Stratford after a noise curfew cut the concert short last year.
- 1 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 2 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 3 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Wellens wants fans 'out in force' as Leyton Orient host Mansfield
- 6 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 7 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 8 Polio: Symptoms, vaccines and what you need to know
- 9 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 10 Young children in east London to be offered polio booster jabs
Each day will finish after the headline act ends at around 11pm.