Join the quiz night fun for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal
COME on down and join the quiz event of the year on December 1.
The quiz night competition is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal.
Our annual challenge quiz will be held from 7.30pm. Participants can arrive from 7pm at Links’ base in Barking Road, Canning Town.
It always provide tension, drama and above all else, fun. The Recorder’s own teams will be there.
Tables of eight cost just �75, which will enable a family of disadvantaged children to have a really special Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the chance to hold the trophy for a year, each member of the winning team will get a bottle of wine.
Previous quizzes at the public hall have been oversubscribed, and with interest already running high, early booking is recommended.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
If you want to enter a team, contact Kevin Jenkins, Paula Blake or one of the Toy Appeal team at Community Links on (020) 7473 2270.
Each table taken up equates to another family of children having a Christmas to remember this year.
There will be prizes for the winners and lemons for the losers! The night is always popular so early booking is recommended. You are welcome to bring your own drinks and nibbles.
The demand for tables increases every year so please book early to avoid disappointment.