Join the quiz night fun for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal
COME on down and join the quiz event of the year on December 1.
The quiz night competition is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal.
Our annual challenge quiz will be held from 7.30pm. Participants can arrive from 7pm at Links’ base in Barking Road, Canning Town.
It always provide tension, drama and above all else, fun. The Recorder’s own teams will be there.
Tables of eight cost just �75, which will enable a family of disadvantaged children to have a really special Christmas.
As well as the chance to hold the trophy for a year, each member of the winning team will get a bottle of wine.
Previous quizzes at the public hall have been oversubscribed, and with interest already running high, early booking is recommended.
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 9 Tributes to 'much-loved' Stratford theatre worker Harvey Parker
- 10 Flat above garage damaged in Manor Park fire
If you want to enter a team, contact Kevin Jenkins, Paula Blake or one of the Toy Appeal team at Community Links on (020) 7473 2270.
Each table taken up equates to another family of children having a Christmas to remember this year.
There will be prizes for the winners and lemons for the losers! The night is always popular so early booking is recommended. You are welcome to bring your own drinks and nibbles.
The demand for tables increases every year so please book early to avoid disappointment.