Join the quiz night fun for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal
COME on down and join the quiz event of the year on December 1.
The quiz night competition is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal.
Our annual challenge quiz will be held from 7.30pm. Participants can arrive from 7pm at Links’ base in Barking Road, Canning Town.
It always provide tension, drama and above all else, fun. The Recorder’s own teams will be there.
Tables of eight cost just �75, which will enable a family of disadvantaged children to have a really special Christmas.
As well as the chance to hold the trophy for a year, each member of the winning team will get a bottle of wine.
Previous quizzes at the public hall have been oversubscribed, and with interest already running high, early booking is recommended.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 9 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 10 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
If you want to enter a team, contact Kevin Jenkins, Paula Blake or one of the Toy Appeal team at Community Links on (020) 7473 2270.
Each table taken up equates to another family of children having a Christmas to remember this year.
There will be prizes for the winners and lemons for the losers! The night is always popular so early booking is recommended. You are welcome to bring your own drinks and nibbles.
The demand for tables increases every year so please book early to avoid disappointment.