Join the quiz night fun for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal
COME on down and join the quiz event of the year on December 1.
The quiz night competition is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal.
Our annual challenge quiz will be held from 7.30pm. Participants can arrive from 7pm at Links’ base in Barking Road, Canning Town.
It always provide tension, drama and above all else, fun. The Recorder’s own teams will be there.
Tables of eight cost just �75, which will enable a family of disadvantaged children to have a really special Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the chance to hold the trophy for a year, each member of the winning team will get a bottle of wine.
Previous quizzes at the public hall have been oversubscribed, and with interest already running high, early booking is recommended.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
If you want to enter a team, contact Kevin Jenkins, Paula Blake or one of the Toy Appeal team at Community Links on (020) 7473 2270.
Each table taken up equates to another family of children having a Christmas to remember this year.
There will be prizes for the winners and lemons for the losers! The night is always popular so early booking is recommended. You are welcome to bring your own drinks and nibbles.
The demand for tables increases every year so please book early to avoid disappointment.