Join runners in West Ham and go for a dig
Keep fit fans who fancy going the extra mile can join the GoodGym runners today (June 13).
They can meet them at the changing rooms for the East London Community Sports Association in Memory Lane in West Ham.
They plan to meet at 6.15pm and will set off for a 5-8km run combined with some hard digging and weeding for about 40 minutes at a community garden near Plaistow tube station.
The GoodGym group runs are for runners of all abilities and help people keep fit while performing a physical task. Each group run will combine a 5-8km with a task that will benefit the community.
Although the group has been working in Tower Hamlets for three years it has only recently moved to Newham,
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part in the run or joining the group can contact Lucie Hermann on 077516 42194 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen