Join runners in West Ham and go for a dig
Keep fit fans who fancy going the extra mile can join the GoodGym runners today (June 13).
They can meet them at the changing rooms for the East London Community Sports Association in Memory Lane in West Ham.
They plan to meet at 6.15pm and will set off for a 5-8km run combined with some hard digging and weeding for about 40 minutes at a community garden near Plaistow tube station.
The GoodGym group runs are for runners of all abilities and help people keep fit while performing a physical task. Each group run will combine a 5-8km with a task that will benefit the community.
Although the group has been working in Tower Hamlets for three years it has only recently moved to Newham,
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part in the run or joining the group can contact Lucie Hermann on 077516 42194 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case