Join Jonjo on inspirational walk from West Ham to Wembley
- Credit: Southern News & Pictures (SNAP)
An inspirational 11-year-old will arrive at the Champions statue in Upton Park - after a three-day walk to Wembley Stadium and back.
Jonjo Heuerman, a West Ham fan, started walking from the club’s Boleyn grounds to the historic stadium on Sunday and should arrive back at the bronze depiction of Bobby Moore with the World Cup at 4pm on February 23.
Jonjo won a National Young Campaigner award at Downing Street last year for his dedication to fundraising for the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK.
To date, Jonjo has raised £92,000 for the charity in memory of the Hammers legend and his grandmother Lyn, who died in 2011.
Jonjo is also embarking on an elaborate ‘Big Tag’ challenge where he is asking fans of all 92 league clubs to join up to 10 tag team routes, wearing an armband in their club’s colours in February.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved or to donate, visit www.justgiving.com/fornannyandbobby or www.fornannyandbobby.moonfruit.com.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 7 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration