Join biggest gospel choir in the world at Westfield Stratford City
Help break a world record this month by singing in the largest gospel choir in the world in Stratford.
The University Gospel Choir of the Year (UGCY) are looking for singers of all standards whether you are a soloist, a choir, or a vocal group to join them at Westfield Stratford City on Saturday September 22.
Held during the London Week of Peace, all singers are invited to take part in the record attempt, called UGCY Uplifts London, to perform a rendition of ‘Oh Happy Day’.
The organisation are encouraging young people aged 16 to 25 in particular to step forward to send out a positive message a year after rioting in London.
The choir will be directed by Mark De Lisser, a vocal coach on BBC talent show The Voice and founder of the ACM Gospel Choir who also appeared on the BBC’s Last Choir Standing.
You may also want to watch:
Hosted by Westfield Stratford City, each singer will also qualify for a range of exclusive shopping discounts at the complex worth over �50.
To register or for more information, visit www.ugcyupliftslondon.eventbrite.co.uk before Friday September 7.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen