Join biggest gospel choir in the world at Westfield Stratford City
Help break a world record this month by singing in the largest gospel choir in the world in Stratford.
The University Gospel Choir of the Year (UGCY) are looking for singers of all standards whether you are a soloist, a choir, or a vocal group to join them at Westfield Stratford City on Saturday September 22.
Held during the London Week of Peace, all singers are invited to take part in the record attempt, called UGCY Uplifts London, to perform a rendition of ‘Oh Happy Day’.
The organisation are encouraging young people aged 16 to 25 in particular to step forward to send out a positive message a year after rioting in London.
The choir will be directed by Mark De Lisser, a vocal coach on BBC talent show The Voice and founder of the ACM Gospel Choir who also appeared on the BBC’s Last Choir Standing.
You may also want to watch:
Hosted by Westfield Stratford City, each singer will also qualify for a range of exclusive shopping discounts at the complex worth over �50.
To register or for more information, visit www.ugcyupliftslondon.eventbrite.co.uk before Friday September 7.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow