John Lewis unveils image of the London 2012 shop at Stratford City
John Lewis has unveiled the first image of what will be the largest London 2012 shop to date when it opens in exactly two months at its Stratford City department store.
The 4,000 sq ft London 2012 retail space is expected to attract around 2,000 visitors every day in the lead up to the Games. 10,000 official London 2012 products will be showcased in the area, ranging in price from a �4 London 2012 pin badge to a 22-carat gold commemorative �5 coin costing a whopping �1,575.
The London 2012 shop will provide shoppers with a spectacular view of the Olympic Stadium and other venues within the Olympic Park taking shape ahead of the Games next year.
London 2012 branded pin badges are likely to be the biggest selling product, with a badge expected to sell every three seconds during the Games. The ‘Pin Wall’ will have 365 collectable badges to choose from – one for every day of the year.
Noel Saunders, Managing Director of John Lewis Stratford, said: “It is now just two months to go until John Lewis Stratford opens and we’re proud to currently have the biggest official London 2012 shop outside of the Olympic Park.
You may also want to watch:
“As the London 2012 Games get closer everyone will want to show their support and we expect the official pin badges to be flying off the wall – as many as one badge every three seconds.
“John Lewis will be the only department store at Westfield Stratford City, which will be a major gateway to the Olympic Park, drawing thousands of visitors.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
In addition to popular London 2012 merchandise including the official mascots and Union flag products, the shop will also offer limited edition collectables such as �650 London 2012 stainless steel playing cards, which will be launched at the London 2012 Shop, John Lewis Stratford City.
The official London 2012 mascots Wenlock and Mandeville are already proving to be a best seller at John Lewis, Oxford Street, and are expected to be popular purchases at the new Stratford department store. The mascots will be sold as souvenirs such as plush toys, key rings, pin badges, magnets, snow globes, pens, canvass bags, figurines and bookmarks. Other products at the London 2012 shop at John Lewis Stratford City will include hats, sportswear, games, toy taxis, coins, stamps, and postcards.
John Lewis is the Official Department Store Provider to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.