John Lewis unveils image of the London 2012 shop at Stratford City
John Lewis has unveiled the first image of what will be the largest London 2012 shop to date when it opens in exactly two months at its Stratford City department store.
The 4,000 sq ft London 2012 retail space is expected to attract around 2,000 visitors every day in the lead up to the Games. 10,000 official London 2012 products will be showcased in the area, ranging in price from a �4 London 2012 pin badge to a 22-carat gold commemorative �5 coin costing a whopping �1,575.
The London 2012 shop will provide shoppers with a spectacular view of the Olympic Stadium and other venues within the Olympic Park taking shape ahead of the Games next year.
London 2012 branded pin badges are likely to be the biggest selling product, with a badge expected to sell every three seconds during the Games. The ‘Pin Wall’ will have 365 collectable badges to choose from – one for every day of the year.
Noel Saunders, Managing Director of John Lewis Stratford, said: “It is now just two months to go until John Lewis Stratford opens and we’re proud to currently have the biggest official London 2012 shop outside of the Olympic Park.
You may also want to watch:
“As the London 2012 Games get closer everyone will want to show their support and we expect the official pin badges to be flying off the wall – as many as one badge every three seconds.
“John Lewis will be the only department store at Westfield Stratford City, which will be a major gateway to the Olympic Park, drawing thousands of visitors.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
In addition to popular London 2012 merchandise including the official mascots and Union flag products, the shop will also offer limited edition collectables such as �650 London 2012 stainless steel playing cards, which will be launched at the London 2012 Shop, John Lewis Stratford City.
The official London 2012 mascots Wenlock and Mandeville are already proving to be a best seller at John Lewis, Oxford Street, and are expected to be popular purchases at the new Stratford department store. The mascots will be sold as souvenirs such as plush toys, key rings, pin badges, magnets, snow globes, pens, canvass bags, figurines and bookmarks. Other products at the London 2012 shop at John Lewis Stratford City will include hats, sportswear, games, toy taxis, coins, stamps, and postcards.
John Lewis is the Official Department Store Provider to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.