John Lewis Stratford City now serving cockles and whelks
Now John Lewis has fallen in love with Stratford as well as the head chef’s cooking has come over all Cockney.
Fussy pastries are on the way out and East End staples such as cockles, whelks and rollmops are on their way in from October 1.
Also featured on the ‘Taste of the East End’ menu available at The Place to Eat at the flagship department store in Westfield Stratford City is pie, mash, and liquor, steak and oyster pie, pears and jelly, and pink lemonade.
Andrew Taylor, head chef at John Lewis Stratford City, said: “Our ‘Taste of the East End’ menu has been created to celebrate this fantastic local area.
“We wanted customers to experience the authentic, popular East End food that the borough is famous for.
You may also want to watch:
“By re-creating the best and most iconic dishes, shoppers will be treated to a host of exciting, nostalgic flavours.
“Our main aim of the menu was to keep the quirks and traditions of East End food, and mix it up to create something fun and new.”
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Antonio and Rice fire West Ham to win over Dinamo Zagreb in Europa League
‘Taste of the East End’ menu will be available at Place to East, John Lewis Stratford City, Westfield, E20 from Monday October 1 to November 24.