John Lewis Stratford City now serving cockles and whelks
Now John Lewis has fallen in love with Stratford as well as the head chef’s cooking has come over all Cockney.
Fussy pastries are on the way out and East End staples such as cockles, whelks and rollmops are on their way in from October 1.
Also featured on the ‘Taste of the East End’ menu available at The Place to Eat at the flagship department store in Westfield Stratford City is pie, mash, and liquor, steak and oyster pie, pears and jelly, and pink lemonade.
Andrew Taylor, head chef at John Lewis Stratford City, said: “Our ‘Taste of the East End’ menu has been created to celebrate this fantastic local area.
“We wanted customers to experience the authentic, popular East End food that the borough is famous for.
You may also want to watch:
“By re-creating the best and most iconic dishes, shoppers will be treated to a host of exciting, nostalgic flavours.
“Our main aim of the menu was to keep the quirks and traditions of East End food, and mix it up to create something fun and new.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike
‘Taste of the East End’ menu will be available at Place to East, John Lewis Stratford City, Westfield, E20 from Monday October 1 to November 24.