John Lewis staff in Stratford get nine weeks extra pay bonus
- Credit: Archant
Staff at John Lewis in Stratford are celebrating this morning after finding out they are to receive nearly nine weeks extra pay.
The high street chain announced this morning that all staff will get a 17 cent bonus, the equivalent to nearly nine weeks’ pay.
It is understood staff inside the Westfield store gathered around for the announcement this morning, when they were handed envelopes with their bonuses.
Managing director of John Lewis at Stratford City, Noel Saunders, said:
“Against the backdrop of a challenging retail environment we are pleased to have put in a robust performance during our first full year at John Lewis Stratford City.
You may also want to watch:
“The stand out moment of the year was the way in which our partners embraced the Olympics and our shop’s London 2012 contribution was an outstanding success. Customers, visitors, spectators and athletes alike all enjoyed their John Lewis experience and I am immensely proud of the way in which Team Stratford embraced this unique challenge and welcomed the world with a smile on their face.”
Among the staff are section manager of the kitchen and electrical department Mark Taylor, who has worked for the chain for 14 years.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
He said: “I love bonus day. It’s so exciting, and everyone is eagerly anticipating what the number is going to be. This year I plan to put the money towards a surprise trip to Disneyland Florida for my four children. None of them know a thing about the trip and my wife and I can’t wait to see their faces when we tell them where they are going.”
The John Lewis Partnership saw gross sales of £9.54bn, up £811.8m, across its stores.
Photos of staff celebrating expected later today.