IWitness24 picture: A lonely looking Olympic Park
Now isn’t this is a sad sight?
Days after Stratford’s Olympic Park closed at the end of the Paralympic Games, it seems as if the weather reflected the mood of the nation.
Dark, menacing clouds hovered over the Athletes’ Village - a far cry from the sunny, cheerful images which emerged day after day during the Games.
This spooky shot was captured by IWitness24 snapper John Gudgin.
The park will re-open next summer as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park after extensive renovation.
You may also want to watch:
After its reopening, it will host several events, including Ride London in 2013, the European Hockey Championships in 2015 and the World Athletics Championships two years later.
The Athletes’ Village will also be transformed into the East Village housing complex.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park
So let us hope this is not a prediction of a cloudy future.