IWitness24 picture: A lonely looking Olympic Park
Now isn’t this is a sad sight?
Days after Stratford’s Olympic Park closed at the end of the Paralympic Games, it seems as if the weather reflected the mood of the nation.
Dark, menacing clouds hovered over the Athletes’ Village - a far cry from the sunny, cheerful images which emerged day after day during the Games.
This spooky shot was captured by IWitness24 snapper John Gudgin.
The park will re-open next summer as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park after extensive renovation.
After its reopening, it will host several events, including Ride London in 2013, the European Hockey Championships in 2015 and the World Athletics Championships two years later.
The Athletes’ Village will also be transformed into the East Village housing complex.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
So let us hope this is not a prediction of a cloudy future.