IWitness24 picture: A lonely looking Olympic Park
Now isn’t this is a sad sight?
Days after Stratford’s Olympic Park closed at the end of the Paralympic Games, it seems as if the weather reflected the mood of the nation.
Dark, menacing clouds hovered over the Athletes’ Village - a far cry from the sunny, cheerful images which emerged day after day during the Games.
This spooky shot was captured by IWitness24 snapper John Gudgin.
The park will re-open next summer as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park after extensive renovation.
You may also want to watch:
After its reopening, it will host several events, including Ride London in 2013, the European Hockey Championships in 2015 and the World Athletics Championships two years later.
The Athletes’ Village will also be transformed into the East Village housing complex.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
So let us hope this is not a prediction of a cloudy future.