ITV newreader visits University of East London journalism students
- Credit: Archant
ITV newsreader Charlene White inspired the next generation of journalists during a visit to the University of East London.
Charlene spoke to journalism students about the joys and challenges of television news, before setting them the challenge of designing a six story running order, riting a 45-second intro and delivering them to camera.
She described the university students as “passionate” and “eager to learn”.
Senior journalism lecturer Charles Lambert, who previously worked with Charlene at ITV Meridian, said: “Charlene told the students how, for several years, she worked seven days a week, sometimes two jobs a day and how she was relentless in building up contacts and making friends within the world of television news.
“It clearly made a massive impact on our own journalists of the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Sian Trimble-Davey, a third year sports journalism student, said: “She was really friendly and down-to-earth. It was a really interesting session.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season