Italian job’s award is success for Newham
A film that has just won a top award has more than a touch of Newham about it.
Jeff Ellis, a lecturer in the University of East London’s new School of Arts and Digital Industries in Beckton, is the sound designer and composer for a film that has just been awarded Best World Cinema Narrative Feature at the Hell’s Kitchen Film Festival in New York.
The film, Lost in Italy, which tells the tale of a man who goes back in time to change the course of destiny for a young woman who turns out to be his mother, was awarded the prestigious international prize last week.
Shot on location in London and Italy, the film is directed by Craig Viveiros and was produced by and stars Glen Murphy, originally from Canning Town and best known for his role in ITV’s London’s Burning. Glyn is a great supporter of the Newham Recorder’s annual toy appeal.
It also stars another East London hero in Ray Winstone as Terry the London villain who goes back to the 1950’s to shape the course of destiny.
You may also want to watch:
Jeff, from Stratford, composed of all the incidental music for this classic take on the Back to the Future concept along with his friend Milton Reame-James, originally from 70’s band Cockney Rebel, who also all hail from Newham.
He said of the award: “It was fantastic to be involved in the film but for it then to pick up such a prestigious award really is the icing on the cake.”
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
Glyn Grimstead from East Ham, also features in one of the lead roles.