Islamists declare brotherhood with Islamic State in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Islamists visited Stratford on Saturday to protest against the “racism” of democracy, tell non-Muslims they will burn in hell after death and declare solidarity with Islamic State and Al-Qaeda as their “Muslim brothers”.
About eight males protested throughout the afternoon outside Stratford Station, gathered around a single sign, which read: “Islam is superior #No2DemocracyYes2Islam.”
Abdul Hakim, who refused to disclose which mosque he was from, said the group protests against democracy every two weeks in different boroughs of London.
He said that although the apparently unnamed group does not follow a specific extremist group, its members refuse to condemn Islamic State, Al-Qaeda or the Taliban because they are “Muslim brothers”.
“I wouldn’t condemn them at all,” he said. “As Muslims we believe all non-believers who reject Islam will be in hell fire.
You may also want to watch:
“People who hear the message have no excuse –they will be judged.”
The demonstration, which took place the day after the 14th anniversary of the September 11 attacks on New York, outraged passers-by.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Emma Hathaway, 28, was returning from a rally in Parliament Square calling for more struggling refugees to be welcomed in Britain.
She said she was angered by the demonstrators calling for sharia (Islamic law).
“I’ve lived in the Middle East teaching English,” she said. “The people I know in those countries all live normal lives exactly how we live our lives.
“They’ve said to me that people like this are the reason the western world fights against Islam.”
Muslim Abdullah Ahmed, 35, said he was protesting against democracy because it was racist.
“Democracy is racist,” he said. “Democracy divides people based on economic standing.
“If I had my way, I’d introduce Islam to the people – if you choose to reject Islam, God has prepared the hell fire.”