IPCC serves notice on 9 officers after death of mum-of-three Sabeen Thandi in Forest Gate
Nine police officers who came into contact with a mother-of-three from east London before she was killed have been served with ‘notices of misconduct’.
Sabeen Thandi, 37, was found dead at a property in Disraeli Road, Forest Gate, in July.
An investigation is under way by the Independent Police Complaints Commission into the contact she had with police including an emergency call in the early hours of July 7, in which the caller hung up.
Investigators are examining what information was available when officers were sent to her home following the abandoned call, to see whether procedures were adhered to. They are also looking into previous contact with Mrs Thandi back as far as last November.
“This is a terribly sad case in which a young mother-of-three has died,” said IPCC Commissioner Derrick Campbell.
You may also want to watch:
“My thoughts are with Sabeen’s family and friends.
“We have contacted Sabeen’s family to notify them of our involvement and I am determined our investigation will answer any questions they may have.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 4 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
“A criminal investigation is underway by the Met Police and a man has been charged with Sabeen’s murder.”
Seven of the nine misconduct notices have been served on Met Police officers, including three in the Sapphire investigations squad. The other two are from Hertfordshire Constabulary who had contact with Sabeen on June 19.
A 35-year-old man has been remanded in custody awaiting trial, according to the IPCC, charged with her murder.