IPCC serves notice on 9 officers after death of mum-of-three Sabeen Thandi in Forest Gate
Nine police officers who came into contact with a mother-of-three from east London before she was killed have been served with ‘notices of misconduct’.
Sabeen Thandi, 37, was found dead at a property in Disraeli Road, Forest Gate, in July.
An investigation is under way by the Independent Police Complaints Commission into the contact she had with police including an emergency call in the early hours of July 7, in which the caller hung up.
Investigators are examining what information was available when officers were sent to her home following the abandoned call, to see whether procedures were adhered to. They are also looking into previous contact with Mrs Thandi back as far as last November.
“This is a terribly sad case in which a young mother-of-three has died,” said IPCC Commissioner Derrick Campbell.
You may also want to watch:
“My thoughts are with Sabeen’s family and friends.
“We have contacted Sabeen’s family to notify them of our involvement and I am determined our investigation will answer any questions they may have.
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
“A criminal investigation is underway by the Met Police and a man has been charged with Sabeen’s murder.”
Seven of the nine misconduct notices have been served on Met Police officers, including three in the Sapphire investigations squad. The other two are from Hertfordshire Constabulary who had contact with Sabeen on June 19.
A 35-year-old man has been remanded in custody awaiting trial, according to the IPCC, charged with her murder.