IPCC serves notice on 9 officers after death of mum-of-three Sabeen Thandi in Forest Gate
Nine police officers who came into contact with a mother-of-three from east London before she was killed have been served with ‘notices of misconduct’.
Sabeen Thandi, 37, was found dead at a property in Disraeli Road, Forest Gate, in July.
An investigation is under way by the Independent Police Complaints Commission into the contact she had with police including an emergency call in the early hours of July 7, in which the caller hung up.
Investigators are examining what information was available when officers were sent to her home following the abandoned call, to see whether procedures were adhered to. They are also looking into previous contact with Mrs Thandi back as far as last November.
“This is a terribly sad case in which a young mother-of-three has died,” said IPCC Commissioner Derrick Campbell.
“My thoughts are with Sabeen’s family and friends.
“We have contacted Sabeen’s family to notify them of our involvement and I am determined our investigation will answer any questions they may have.
- 1 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 2 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 3 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Wellens wants fans 'out in force' as Leyton Orient host Mansfield
- 6 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 7 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 8 Polio: Symptoms, vaccines and what you need to know
- 9 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
“A criminal investigation is underway by the Met Police and a man has been charged with Sabeen’s murder.”
Seven of the nine misconduct notices have been served on Met Police officers, including three in the Sapphire investigations squad. The other two are from Hertfordshire Constabulary who had contact with Sabeen on June 19.
A 35-year-old man has been remanded in custody awaiting trial, according to the IPCC, charged with her murder.