Investigation launched into fatal Stratford accident
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched an investigation following a fatal collision in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to Globe Road at the junction with Forest Lane, Stratford at about 12.40am on November 15 to reports of a moped rider lying injured in the road.
At this stage they believe the moped was in collision with a wall.
The 20-year-old male rider was taken to an east London Hospital with serious injuries from which he later died.
Officers believe they know the identity of the deceased and next of kin have been informed but he has not been formally identified.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 0208 597 4874.
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Family sends 'heartfelt thanks' after missing East Ham girl found